Thursday, December 3, 2009

Don't you ever dare go anywhere.

in the spirit of Christmas ♥;
i share the joy of Calvin and Hobbes :)

i'm not sure if you've read this strip before, its about the baby raccoon Calvin found.

and what you get from it;
"don't you go anywhere
" Calvin says.

(i'm sorry the strip is divided into nine sections, and it's may be a little tiny to read off this page. you'll probably have to click on each picture to read it. let's not strain the eyes, hey? so click. ;p)
but i'll do some succinct summation of each section, in case you just want to browse through and not wanting the trouble of clicking nine times! :)

they find a baby raccoon on the ground, barely surviving.
Calvin runs to get help from mom.

Hobbes: I sure hope she can help.
Calvin: Of course she can! You don't get to be mom if you can't fix everything just right.

mom sits with Hobbes.
Mom: I hate it when these things happen. You can tell i'm upset when i start talking to you.

they placed baby raccoon in a shoe box.
Mom: I guess all we can do is keep him warm and safe.

checking to see if baby raccoon is eating at all.
Calvin: Don't die, Little Raccoon. It wouldn't be very grateful of you to break my heart.
Hobbes: *sniff*

in bed, thinking of the raccoon.
Hobbes: I hope he lives.
Calvin: Me too.
Hobbes: I think animals are always so cute.

after finding out baby raccoon didn't survive the night.
Calvin: *sniff* i'm crying because out there he's gone, but he's not gone inside me.

at the burial ground.
Calvin: It's like i found him for no good reason. I had to say goodbye as soon as i said hello.
*sniff*
(and goes on to say) what a stupid world.

figuring out why the baby raccoon had to die.
Calvin: It's either mean or it's arbitrary, and either way i've got the heebie-jeebies.


finding out the cycle of life.
we just have to do the best we can with the knowledge we have.
Calvin: I guess that makes sense.. but don't you go anywhere.
Hobbes: Don't worry.
(hugs)

© Universal Press Syndicate

..just so you know; i'm walking away. for the sake of my sanity!

1 comment: