Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thoughts of a dreamer.

Even as a child; I imagine myself an older lady, seated by a lovely window pane facing the West. The beautiful rays streaming in. My dog slouched by the side, and is glowing with the perfect hue that is flowing through the room. I am reading a book, while sipping steaming tea. Pausing; as steam fog up my reading glass, i think back to the present.

Yes, i see my current life as past tense! With my imagination, i should have no problem persuading myself this is all make believe. But for a fact, i am living in a farm basking at my previous eventfully fulfilling life.

Perhaps, this is why i have a cottage by the farm dream i'd like to fulfill. Probably why, i am trying really hard for my life to mean something, something worth basking in.

You're probably thinking, she's such a freak by now huh?

Fun fact.
I love lists. to do lists. I have plenty. They come in different forms; physically tangible (read: post its), electronically written, but mostly mentally noted. There is even a list that reads; churn out a to do list soonish.

Here's one;
(the shorter version)

Start a book club! :)
(we'll read Austen, Picoult and the occasional Ahern)

Appreciate fermented grapes.
Learn everything there is to know about wine, ;) a wine cellar at the basement of my new home! Now, how lovely does that sound?

The American dream. I have dreams, plenty of them! Some, should be left where it belongs. as a dream.

Am experiencing slight Cognitive dissonance at the moment; please pardon my incoherent thoughts. Shall return when they are sorted out.

i wonder what goes on in that head of yours.

2 comments:

  1. Elaine!

    I do confess that I find this rather freaky. I rarely get the freaks, but...

    1. I have just been mulling about how nice it would be to have a book club!

    2. I've been seriously contemplating making wine!

    oooo,
    i do miss you, dear kindred spirit!

    katJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. KatJ!

    I know right, i am a freak! Haha ;p
    (the occasional freakish behavior revealed)

    1. Yay! Let's start one. :) I mean it, we should totally start a book club. It'll be refreshing!

    2. Making wine sounds like a fabulous idea. We could make wine and serve it at our book club. Brilliant combination, don't you think? :D

    and i miss you much, dearest

    ReplyDelete