Monday, November 23, 2009

I'll pray for you, you say; but do we really?

"I'll be praying for you!"
I bet you've uttered that statement countless times; it could even be a reflex reply we blurt out whenever we converse with a fellow believer. Justify it all you want, but do we really mean what we just promised?

Prayer, is an honorable privilege. You converse with the Father, and the upside of it all (whatever is said, all in confidence :p). Plus, you tell it to the best of them all; who else needs to know but Him ehh? Yet, we take it for granted. More frequently we begin to only fervently pray when things start heading downhill; when we are in desperate need of certainty! Afterall, desperate situation calls for desperate measures, hey?

I have a mental prayer list (yes, i am obsessed with lists :p)! When you're on it, i'll pray for you whenever possible (most likely not enough, but i try). :) You'd usually make the list, when i love you so dearly i'd want the best for you! =)
*once you begin praying for someone, know that things will happen. things will change. For whenever we ask for His will be done, it may include drastic measures. keep praying.fervently.
(this i'll elaborate on another time)


The first time i left the dogs home alone overnight; i was so very worried! Worst case scenarios flooded my thoughts; didn't help that my neighbor was cleaning his shotgun (yup, you read right. his shotgun) in his garden just as we were leaving the house. I tell you, i whispered so many prayers for my kid puppies! So many. Knowing they were kindda helpless in self defense terrified me, entirely. You must know i love my puppies exceedingly! Yet, i love the people on my prayer list on a whole different level.

Shouldn't i then be praying harder for them instead, i caught myself asking.

Perhaps, knowing a human being isn't entirely helpless given most situation tends to lessen the urgency of prayer for them. I don't think the Father condone of my justification, yet i needed one to make myself feel better. (sigh)

Pray, i must sincerely. most ardently. For each and everyone on that list of mine! For His will be done. No matter what happens in the process, i ask for His will in your life. Know that i'm here, whenever you need me.

I tucked away Mark 11:24-25 for a lonng time till yesterday! Shame, it used to be a favorite. I'm glad i was reminded, Papi did the reminding in fact :) And i thank you =)

Mark 11:24-25
24 Therefore i tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

I have so much in my mind right now, but i'll leave it to the them neurons to compartmentalized them before i share it here. :)
There's more about prayer, even Jane Austen, stillness, but most of all; you.

(its going to be another all-nighter for me then! yay?!)

..
take heart my dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment