I have a list of impending hobbies; and tennis has been sitting right on top of that list for some time now ;p I have been wanting to pick up that sport for the longest time, but i guess i lack much determination. You know how it is right? The all talk and no do? ;p
Lo and behold, i can finally strike that intended hobby off my list! Wooahh. Uncle Viet came along this morning, picked out a tennis racquet for me; it was a wise idea bringing him along for i would be lost amongst all those tennis jargon! Tension, 55? 11.3oz vs. 8.8oz? Hmm. (i know what they say, your first one shouldn't be expensive since i'll be meeting the ground more often than the neon ball! Haha.) But if only you knew Uncle Viet, then again i'm not complaining. The racquet is pretty ;p
I now have an exceedingly cool Wilson tennis racquet, i call my own! Wheee =) ohh, and not forgetting them new tennis balls! (do people end up sniffing tennis balls? haha. they do smell pretty good, ;p). I still don't quite know how to use it yet, and am pretty nervous since i have relatively weak arms, haha! We will soon find out how tennisly inclined i am ;p I'm as nervous as i am excited. Hahaha!
I for one, hated sweaty sports; i used to say never would i ever start running. I hated to sweat! Ergo, swimming was the only acceptable sport, and that's only because i'll be too drenched to even notice any perspiration. Haha. People do change eh? Right now, i'm proud to say, this hatred does not stand, no more. :) Point of clarification, it's not like i suddenly love sweating, its just no longer an issue to me. Lol.
I am still going for my evening runs every other day, if not daily! :) Most of the credit should go to LeeeshCIA (how are you liking your new name? although its kindda silly to have a nickname thats much longer than your name eh? hehe.). She kindda coerced me (respectfully) and i responded well. LOL.
It all started one fine evening at JP, Lion City. We made a slight detour before heading to NTUC. Haha. There, the investment of the year laid. Waiting for me. :) Presenting my Gaia™!
This pair is definitely well worth the money :) and she's really pretty, isn't she?!
"Congratulations, you have a new career!" Says Uncle Viet. I sure hope this one lasts. ;)
*Cheerio to the begining of a real hobby! (impending hobby, no more :)) Woot! and a healthier lifestyle for me.
.. and here's another toast to no deteriorating mucles. Yeay me! =)
A run scheduled at 6:15pm later, with the father :) and my first tennis lesson scheduled at 7am tomorrow morning! Whhee. Waking up early, is going to be my greatest challenge. =) I do not function well in the day, for i am nocturnal. Ahh, the things i do for you, my dear Willy. Haha!
hey you, i hope you're doing great today! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I know posting a comment myself is kindda lame, haha! but i figured this is a good way to sorta update my tennis status ;p
ReplyDeleteKindda didn't quite fit into the flow, if i would have dedicated another entry for tennis.
So here it is, the verdict - of whether i was tennisly inclined! Wooahh. Hahaha.
Unlce Viet exclaimed, We're doing good! :) I must confess, i did receive more Its okay; but there were a decent number of Nice, Beutiful and Very Good as well =)
So apparently, i did good for a first timer! Woaah.
Off to my next lesson now.
PS. I woke up voluntarily at 6AM. I constantly surprise myself. Haha.
Have a marvelous day people =)
Post-moterm for my second lesson.
ReplyDelete(for my own eyes, cause it almost seems like i'm blogging for myself anyway ;p)
Wooahh! I now am convinced that my somatosensory and prefrontal cortex need much delta waves to make up for my one and a half hour of running around the tennis court :) Hahaha!
"You're much better now, very good!" Says he.
"Really" *excitedly* Says she.
"Really really" Says he.
Wheeeee! I love tennis. Its fun. =) Seriously, i see a potential of this hobby lasting a long time! Haha.
I had many more Beautiful and Very good this time =)
Presenting bloopy-the blister on my thumb! Haha. Uncle Viet said; "No pain, no gain!".
Towards the end, the racquet was literally Slipping through my fingers Hahaha! I do not have strong arms. :(
Reminded me of the Mamamia song. Woahh! It is a lovely song (kindda sad, but lovely more.) :)
PS. I love blogging (talking) to myself. Rather than bothering you. I hate to think one day i'll scare you away with my chattiness.
=))
It is official. I am either suffering from Iron deficiencies or i'm just a bum! i'll be elaborating ;p LOL.
ReplyDeleteAfter a one and half hour tennis, i need an obligatory 7 hours nap! Woahh. Hahaha.
Today was a beautiful day. Extremely lovely morning. :) There were slight showers (which i mistaken for someone watering the plants, haha!) but it was perfect! I told myself, i shall be productive today.
Guess what? I woke up; checked the time. 7:30PM! Haha. I fell asleep with Austen on my tummy. ;p
Tapi, saya sudah bertekad. Saya akan berproductif hari ini, tak kira apa Haha. What kind of Malay was that?
I shall get my lazy ass on some productivity tonight! Wheee. We'll see how this goes =)
Uncle Viet said, I'm doing alot better today! =) Woahh. I just need to work on the wrist and less slipping through my fingers :D
Wheee. Yet another update (for myself) Haha :)
ReplyDeleteI am a Star student! Woahh. Granted, i'm the only student of Uncle Viet. Lol :)
But still, it must mean something eh?
The racquet didn't slip much this morning! =) Woohoo! He thinks i'm a good student, and a very fast learner too!
"You handle the racquet good" Says he.
Wheee. Don't we all love our behaviors (in this case, hobby) reinforced by praises and encouragements? :)
Today, was indeed a beautiful day =)
I couldn't sleep last night. :( I was extremely tired but, i just couldn't fall asleep. :(
ReplyDeleteit was 2:30AM and after much rolling on the bed. I went online, uploaded a new profile picture on Facebook. Duh! (as if Facebook will make me sleepy, not very wise eh? heh)
So I tried reading - but it only made it worst.
*switch task*
Allowed the mind to wander. Haha. (wasn't the wisest idea, but i was too tired to come up with boring activities!)
..well, i did fall asleep eventually.
Waking up at 6AM was challenging, i almost wanted to give tennis a pass. :(
Observation of the day;
Sleep deprivation causes deterioration of hand and tennis racquet coordination. Haha!
Well, this isn't really news lah! I mean, i knew very well what lack of sleep can do to the mind :) I would rate today's tennis,comme ci, comme ca! Could have been better. I couldn't concentrate lah :(
Dunno where that wondering-overly-imaginative mind went. To UK and back perhaps? LOL.
As i'll be heading South to Lion city tomorrow morning; next tennis lesson will be in a week's time. Hopefully, mental tennis practice would suffice in sustaining my substandardish skills. I do not want my learning curve to head toward the x-axis!!
It was a beautiful day, nonetheless :)
"You're doing alot better today" Says the coach.
ReplyDeleteWheee. Mental tennis practice works :) *happiness* I was pretty nervous this morning, cause its been a week since i last had contact with my racquet. (i've been away, thats why.)
Since i was more satisfied with my playing today, i've came to a conclusion. Perhaps, i didn't do as great in my previous lesson just because i was suffering from over learning? There's a possibility kan? LOL! The justification i allow myself to come up with is most disturbing. Hahaha.
Wimbledon finals was just a couple nights ago! I was cheering on Roddick in spirit, since i do not have access to the match (still no tv at home, but i survive really well thank you ;p)
Reasons why i support Roddick (and not Federer)
1) i am NOT bias cause of his nationality! Honest.
2) He has the most amazing serve okayy. I mean, seriously, have you seen the Roddick serve? OMG!
3) Almost every tennis fan i know supports Federer. We need to send some support down South okay? *i reiterate my point of being NOT bias cause he's a US citizen.*
4) My amazing coach is from TEXAS! Woahh. SAME STATE AS RODDICK! :) *okay, so yes, i maybe slightly bias here ;p*
5) He's married! Hahaha. (a whole new story here, needs elaboration! ;p)
6) I seriously think my list isn't a good one, doesn't support my first statement at all ;)
7) Ergo, i should stop before i contradict myself (as if i haven already done so, lol.)
Whatever. As long as i am happy and i sleep well at night. I support Roddick :)
Go Texan dude ;)
PS. I'm heading for HK in a couple more days, and am going to be there for quite a bit. No tennis for me :(
I was almost contemplating bringing my racquet over, i mean we are after all going to be living at a University. I'm sure there's a tennis court there eh? ;)
Hahahah!
ReplyDeleteYAY! SO PROUD OF YOU!!
You're living out one of my PLANS ; to learn tennis! Woot woot!
Oh! You're going to get so good, you can train ME!
weeeeeeee!
:) :)
ps: gotta love the multiple comments on your post.
Mental tennis didn't work very well, haha!
ReplyDeleteSaturday tennis session could have been better :( i was exhausted only after 15 minutes of trying to hit (air) that green bouncy thing! Haha.
Then came dizziness :S If i didn't stop playing, i would have puked on the tennis court. Sleep deprivation and abated stamina (i brought along my running attire to HK but i lack discipline :( i only went for a run ONCE during my entire stay!) brings about puking tendencies when attempting tennis. Haha.
**
Today was much much better :) Marks the end of my first semester! The coach is going to Vietnam for awhile.
"We've worked hard" says the coach.
Indeed, we have! I shall persevere and maintain this hobby for a long long time :D Tennis is pretty, and so is today!
PS. Kat! :) we shall play tennis together one day! wheeeeee! :):)
I wonder if there is such a thing as a tennis arm! The arm is hurting, and i'm guessing cause of Tennis Saturday morning :) I was so excited to play again, really. Its been almost a month. Coach went for a trip to Vietnam.
ReplyDeleteThis time; i heard plenty of *springy sound* :) It means i am hitting them neon balls right! Woohoo.
"You're doing much better" says the coach.
(at the end of the session)
Dad said; "Soon, you're going to be less attractive!" (in reference to playing under the hot sun)
*Cia telling me "Laine, you like not so attractive dy hor?" comes to mind.
sad-nya
LOL!
Tennis Tuesday morning :) *can't wait.
PS. Looks like i'm off to a great new Fall semester :)
It was a beautiful day :)
ReplyDelete"GOOD PLAY!!" Says my coach!
I felt today was my best play :) Some may call it, personal best! LOL.
Coolness!
**
Sadly, i feel like dying now :( Food poisoning. Of puking and diarrhea =S