It was the Summer of 2003, when i had my first Psychology class ever. I'm about to quote Plotnik (2002) now; the definition (which i still can remember after all these years, this was the first definition i learned from my first textbook? haha.) of the field of study i love muchness :)
Psychology is a systematic and scientific study of human behaviors and mental processes.
And you can't help but look out for the word "counseling" embedded in that definition, can you? No offense to all counselors or Clinical Psychologist out there. Seriously, Psychology isn't just about being a counselor, i'm sure my Psych-major peers would agree with me on this (and its most definitely isn't just about those motivational stuff! you do find God here alright, God is everywhere, mind you!).
Along the years, i've received plenty of feedback after some figured out i took up Psychology. Heck, i didn't even get much support from my peers back then when i was still in high school. However, i knew better and soon i just gave up trying to help people understand (just like how i gave up telling people we do not live on trees back in my beloved hometown ;p).
Scene 1. Act 1.
Random dude: Oh, so you took Psychology? Are you going to be a counselor?
Me: *smiles* and just give a slight nod. (as a form of respect of the existence of random dude, and then slowly backs away.) it usually works well ;p
..and that hypothetical scene i just created is one of the plenty similar scenarios. My advice (aah, advise, does this make a counselor now? haha! i had to, but its kindda a lousy not-quite-a-pun-pun!) is to just *smile* and *smile again*. :))
Hahaha. I do sound pretty jaded today, don't i? :D Well, someone just handed me the last straw earlier, did a really good job mocking me. Pointed out i wasn't Christ-like. You may say i read too much into what she said, but trust me when i say; that is not how you convince someone to come join you. I'm really glad that you find it fulfilling helping kids and you find joy in doing so. Have you thought maybe, just maybe others have a different passion and interest?
I didn't like how she indicated, it was only according to the Christian teaching that we help these people, and.. (i was too annoyed to remember everything that was said :() Oh, and if you ask someone about their plans, and don't want to hear about it? Keep the question to yourself. Save it.
Some may know. I would very much love to go back to school, pursue my dreams (which i won't spell it out here, who knows. Someone may stumble upon my blog and begin criticizing me again?). So what if i love research? I love the brain. I love the idea of perception. Can't i? Does that make me a whole lot less a Christian? I think not.
In a matter of Psychology and me.
If you have not already realized, it may be wiser to keep those negative thoughts to yourself. If you're not happy with my dreams, suck it up! Go bother someone else. I don't care.
Here's the truth, i totally love the brain; for I believe it an amazing gift. You might not even begin to imagine how thoughtful He was when He started wiring us up. Its awesome! He thought about everything. And i literally mean every last everything ;) And i know my Father loves me much, even when i love the science and not so much the social. I pray He'll use me in the science *fingers crossed* soon! :) By the way, He created it all, and along came Psychology when He created man. =)
Hahaha. I feel much better now. Only my second entry, and i'm already complaining and ruminating? LOLL. Not a great sign ehh? ;p
Maybe its the hormonal imbalance or the age? haha, beats me. Boy, did that conversation affect me, quite a bit :p LOL! And i wanted to tell you; tapi this you sorta wasn't quite available (and i don't even know if you cares.) Sighh, i smell trouble :( and i don't think i want trouble, yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment