*Occasionally i'll have a couple fellow wireless stealer sitting by me! The occasional company is always nice, as i do look kindda weird sitting at that particular spot alone. Hehe. :)
A fellow-wireless-stealer told me one night, "Of course you love it here; you've been in Hong Kong one fifth of this year already! :)". He was right! and i am loving it more each day *huge grin*. In fact, Hong Kong has since been promoted as one of my favorite places in the world :)
香港 Hong Kong; an extremely fast pace culture and is very capable of inducing stress onto the slackers (namely, ME!). Perhaps, i had been loafing around too much that's why. I have a dream; to set up sleep laboratories for the Hong Kongers. They really do need sleep. I wonder if they'll pay to sleep 8 hours while allowing me to monitor their circadian rhythms? :) You should see the tuition/extra classes hype in Hong Kong. Its absurd (no offense :p). But seriously, the cheapest package will have you watching a video of your teacher for a tuition class. Does that even count? So maybe, just maybe they will pay to sleep at my sleep laboratory? You think? :)
I couldn't help but wonder if i was that un-Malaysian while i was there. It was pretty nerve wreaking when i had to present our country report, haha. (confession: i do not know much about my tanah air. *not-that-proud* but that went well, thank God :p). Normally, when someone asked where i was from; Malaysia will not be their initial guess. Apparently i didn't have the Malaysian accent, nor do i look Chinesey. *thats not new eh? Haha. Hmm, did i mention that i was even thought to be a Malaysian native, (*ahem* orang asli? me? LOL!) after i introduced myself as a Malaysian. Then, some referred to me as a Malay, haha! I had to inform them i was actually of (pure) Chinese origin. Getting (much) darker with the help of their summer didn't help with my identity crisis, :) I was told i could represent Malaysia; the Integrated race. Perhaps i could? Maybe then, i'll feel more Malaysianish?
*They always speak to me in English :( We'll be out in a group and (almost) always, they'll converse in Cantonese to people around me! (come my turn) *i smile* *there's a pause*, they switch to English! :((
They; could be anyone. From the 珍珠奶茶 shop attendant to Balou's walker.
I'd say; "其實,我懂講廣東話。" :) Haha.
(kei sat, ngo sek gong gong dong wa)
To illustrate how dark i was, which led to me being mistaken for a native of Malaysia. :)
PS. I can love Hong Kong as a separate entity, who says i need to first love KL to survive Hong Kong in a long run? What was said later on; that was a very hurtful implication. :( it's not fair. *i can almost hear papi's voice telling me, the world is never fair. I think he's right.
..Cinta ini Membunuhku. Bagaimana, caranya untuk, Meruntuhkan, kerasnya hati mu. Ku sedari, ku tak sempurna, Ku tak seperti yang kau inginkan.



No comments:
Post a Comment